Connie
A big Thank you to those who bravely gave me some pointers and tips to my decorating issues. I've taken them all into consideration and look forward to moving forward with them as soon as Mr gets lets the moths out of his wallet. Who am I kidding. I will start making changes one at a time but will need to watch the budget to appease Mr's request of not making large purchases. One will remember he did not truly define "large purchase" so it has been left up to my interpretation at the moment.

In other news, I have apparently hit my lucky streak! Yesterday I won a deluxe spa package from a spa I use from time to time. I am looking forward to a day of indulgence in a couple of weeks. It will be a nice belated birthday gift for myself I think. Now if only my hair dresser called to tell me she was treating me to a hair rescue. A girl can dream right.

We have been getting touches of frost overnight so I've spent the better part of a week tidying up the landscaping for fall and canning everything in site. Trimming, picking, moving & re-planting, tomatoes, apples and jellies. It seems as if the work load never ends but it's something I love to do so it's not really 'work' to me. This weekend I plan on changing out all my exterior decorative planters and hanging baskets to fall themes. Of course I will have to wait on the pumpkin displays for quite a few more weeks but it's fun to start planning.

As of yesterday I finally began the last of my bedroom furniture revamp. First there was the bed frame, then the side dressers and now the 6 drawer dresser. With any luck I will have the piece finished before the holidays. Mr is still wondering if I will re-decorate the bedroom or at least add more touches to what we've got going on. He may just get his wish this fall if I run up against to many obstacles in the living room (like say cash).

Well, I'm off to some local thrift stores. I may not find anything but I hate the feeling of not knowing if I may have missed something fantastic for refinishing. Speaking of, I've been thinking of selling one of my refinished pieces. You can read and see her transformation here.
Before










After
What would you pay for her?
Labels: , edit post
4 Responses
  1. I'd probably pay $100-$125. I hope that is good news. You certainly put a lot of work into it.


  2. So pretty!
    And congrats on the spa gift cert! what a treat!
    I hear you about moths in wallets--I'm trying to convince Mr. D to let me buy some new clothes. I haven't in a coon's age.


  3. Teri Says:

    Frost? Did I read that correctly? We are still in the very hot 90s here. Hot hot hot.


  4. Sherri Says:

    Hi
    just found your blog today from another post.
    Sounds like you had a busy weekend.
    I'm not expert, but that piece looks great! I'd definitely buy it.
    now following you
    Sherri


Post a Comment