Connie
As many of you may remember my Little Man has issues with keeping his room clean. After my post many of you sent me messages about baskets as storage. I appreciate those comments and set off to make sure he had enough easy access storage last week.

While the kids were at school I spent 4 hours cleaning his room and counted 18 various baskets and one large wooden toy box in his room for such purposes. It's safe to say easy storage options are not his problem.

All in all, Mr and I decided it was time to filter the toy options down to age appropriate items. If they came from a restaurant or looked as if they belonged to the 5 and under crowd they were out of here. When all was said and done there were two bags of donations and two bags of garbage.

When the Little Man stepped into his room that night he gasped. I like to think it was a gasp of 'Wow! My room is awesomely clean!' but alas it was the gasp of 'I'll never be able to find anything.' We won't discuss the look I got.

After days of hearing "I can't find ...." out of him, not a thank you or anything remotely close to appreciation mind you, I finally heard something last night which could have been mistaken as appreciation. Yet I could have been hallucinating. He mentioned he was trying to keep his bookshelf and night stand clean (he likes to read before bed) so he was making sure his books were put away.

Either way I'm counting it as a small victory and no one is taking that away from me.
Labels: , edit post
1 Response
  1. You know, there is a point of critical mass where the kids can't play because they have TOO many toys...we always cull when it gets to that point. Things are cleaner and everyone is happier when we don't have TOO much! Good call!


Post a Comment